The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Re: M8/M9 Shoulder Strap...How the heck? :)

D&A

Ok, maybe a small and insignificant question in the scheme of things but when one uses one of the fine leather shoulder straps available for the M8/M9 in conjunction with most matching leather 1/2 cases, I noticed a small issue ( at least for me it was). The leather strap usually comes with those small leather protective pieces (flaps) on each end and when used with a small circular key ring to attach to the body side lugs, these little leather pieces interfere with sliding and snapping shut the case on each side. Do most who use such a combination simply cut off those little leather pieces, try stuffing them between the body side and case or something else?

Even when used without the case, those little circular rings don't touch the body itself. Maybe Leica's own clips do but not these rings. I'd be interested to hear what others have done. Thanks.

Dave (D&A)

V

Vivek

Wide camera carrying strap, black saddle leather, $190

Leica part number: 14455

edwardkaraa

I use the Leica black leather strap (thin one, 14453) and it doesn't have the protective flaps. The metal rings do not touch the body at any time, so I would remove the flaps without any concern.

Double Negative

Not Available

Huh? I just hold the strap out of the way and snap closed (with a Luigi case/strap anyway).

douglasf13

Ok, maybe a small and insignificant question in the scheme of things but when one uses one of the fine leather shoulder straps available for the M8/M9 in conjunction with most matching leather 1/2 cases, I noticed a small issue ( at least for me it was). The leather strap usually comes with those small leather protective pieces (flaps) on each end and when used with a small circular key ring to attach to the body side lugs, these little leather pieces interfere with sliding and snapping shut the case on each side. Do most who use such a combination simply cut off those little leather pieces, try stuffing them between the body side and case or something else?

Even when used without the case, those little circular rings don't touch the body itself. Maybe Leica's own clips do but not these rings. I'd be interested to hear what others have done. Thanks.

Dave (D&A)
I don't think you really need those leather flaps, since the camera has the bumpers above the strap posts. With a half-case, the need for them is even less. My strap from Luigi has the leather flaps, but they soften up pretty quickly, and when I briefly used a half-case on my M9, I just put the leather flaps between the strap ring and the case.

D&A

Thanks all. For whatever reason, the flaps were simply getting in the way no matter what side of the snaps or case I tried putting them on. Since they offered no additional protection in my case, I simply removed them. Thanks all for your timely responses and suggestions!

Dave (D&A)

V

Vivek

Dave, Buy the MM. It comes with one of the good ones (for free!). ;)

D&A

Dave, Buy the MM. It comes with one of the good ones (for free!). ;)
I'm dying to obtain an MM. Are there any deals whereby I purchase an expensive strap and it comes with a free MM? :ROTFL:

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Sure. The one I bought (post #2) came with one. :)

It is a just a camera. No camera is worth dying for. ;)

D&A

Sure. The one I bought (post #2) came with one. :)

It is a just a camera. No camera is worth dying for. ;)
I just amended by previous post for clarification. :)

Dave (D&A)