The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A Message to the Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double Negative

Not Available
Not that this applies here at GetDPI, as it's one of the saner places in our lil' world... But I wanted to spread the message just the same, if you'll indulge me.

Fellow shooter Dave Lackey also shares his thoughts below.

A Message to the Community

This post has been a long time coming. Recently things have come to a boiling point. The state of the online Leica ecosystem has become negative and bitter (especially lately) and quite frankly, tiring. Not just the bashing of Leica in general outside of these circles, or the blistering criticism of every new product because it doesn't meet some fantasy hardware specification people have built up in their minds. But the personal attacks on fellow forum members, other forums and individuals and pettiness in general. One forum won't mention another forum for fear of losing their tenuous grip within the niche, people bash others (e.g. Rockwell and Huff) for doing their own thing. People even criticize entire sites outright, including La Vida Leica. Enough is enough already! This is one of the biggest reasons we started La Vida Leica... To make a clean break, steer clear of the cliques and be a nice place to hang out. To talk about what we all love - photography...

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Good message and I agree. I am also closing the thread as we don't need another on going senseless debate on it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.