The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Well, I just pulled the trigger on a new 24-ASPH

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
I had been wanting one to round out my below 35 Leica lenses. Got it on order from Amazon at the current 2995 and applied a stack of reward certificates from my M8 on it. They won't hit my Amazon card until it's in and in the past if you had an order in at an older price they honored it. So, I'll see. They are showing a ship date of 1 Feb - 17 Feb.

I do have request. Please people, stop posting shots done with the 75 'Lux. I really don't need start wanting one more than I do now. :D

vieri

Congrats! And the 75...

I had been wanting one to round out my below 35 Leica lenses. Got it on order from Amazon at the current 2995 and applied a stack of reward certificates from my M8 on it. They won't hit my Amazon card until it's in and in the past if you had an order in at an older price they honored it. So, I'll see. They are showing a ship date of 1 Feb - 17 Feb.

I do have request. Please people, stop posting shots done with the 75 'Lux. I really don't need start wanting one more than I do now. :D
Hello John, congratulations! The 24 is a truly wonderful lens (but you already knew that ;) ). It's permanently attached to one of my M8's, while the other sports... the 75 Lux, of course. 1.4/35, 1.4/50, 2/90 & the CV 15mm stays in the bag ready to jump into action. I feel slightly guilty of posting a few 1.4/75 images lately, so I will post a 2.8/24 one here:

Congrats with your purchase! Let us know how it goes with Amazon & the price situation...

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Is it the 75 Lux that has been discontinued? Why?

Sorry to jump in here but I'm a noob trying to wade through the lens option maze and I'm thinking about a 75 to compliment my one lens.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I agree John , folks posting 75 lux shots are just being rude:D:D:D

Oh BTW here are some nice commercial shots from the other day but no EXIF data on what lens but you can guess:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Vieri I just love that 24mm shot ,really captures the moment. Front page in your portfolio, that is a winner.

mwalker

Subscriber Member
Vieri, Great image and website! If had to pick a lens which the 21 or the 24?

Last edited:

bradhusick

Folks, for those here who own both the 24 ASPH and the 28 ASPH, can you say which you use more, and do you find the 24 as convenient? Please say no and save me some money (I have the 28 and love it.)

Thanks,
Brad

David K

Workshop Member
Brad,
I think the 24 and 28 are so close in focal length that if you have one you don't need the other. Save your $$ :)
Vieri,
Beautiful capture.... really special.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I had the 28 and 24 for a brief period. Both great, but I love the 28 and the 24 is too close. I sold the 24 and went back to the 21.

vieri

Thanks everyone for the kind comment - I really appreciated it, thanks!

Vieri, Great image and website! If had to pick a lens which the 21 or the 24?
Hey Mike, first of all thank you very much; as far as your question, is a tough one: I have both, they are both great, but I decided to keep the 24 and put the 21 (mint, Leica coded, CLA'd) out for sale. They are too close in focal length, for my purpose I just needed one, and though the 21 draws beautifully I preferred a 35-like focal than a 28-like one. You cannot go wrong with either, IMHO it boils down to your personal preferences in focal length. PM me if my 21 interests you, and good luck with your choice! :D