The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M 240 available on amazon. Please delete after one day.

jstaben

Plenty of folks out there with money to pay whatever it takes.

Welcome to the real world. :chug:
Yeah I paid someone a bit over retail to secure one and I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is authorized dealers doing it. Sure it's not illegal, and it's a free country and all. It is a difference of what you *can* do and what you *should* do, as an authorized dealer. It's an integrity issue, and I don't suspect most would agree with me in this country. I have my choice to take my business elsewhere though.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I agree - dealers gouging is a different situation to the real 'free market'.

Although from a purist point of view the 'free market' would apply to dealers too. I don't like it either but I do understand. I would also rather deal with a dealer who will sell and commit to list price and wait for delivery. I'd be SERIOUSLY PISSED if that same dealer reneged on their integrity and succumbed to buyer premiums if they'd committed to a retail deal. That would ruin their integrity with me and terminate our future business immediately.

mmbma

No but dealers get an exclusive claim in their territory and enjoys the benefit of being the sole legitimate source. Therefore free market doesn't apply to them since they are guaranteed of a profit margin. Won't be shopping at ACE