The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One version: Which one are you using?

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Now Mike when you get rolling here . There is a great trick in the 3 tab over from the left is the Q tabgo to that than right click and you can add all kinds of stuff from the other tabs in that one than drag and drop where you would like them. What this does is i can work in one tab only without jumping around to different tabs and gives me all the key ones i use all the time. Mine has Stlyes,base Char., WB,Exposure, High Dynamic Range, Clarity, Sharpening, levels, Lens corrections but that is mostly Phase stuff, Rotation, crop and process summary and you can fold any of them up for space. Obviously pick the ones you want with the check mark and you can work in one tab for all the important stuff. Pretty damn slick idea

mwalker

Subscriber Member
Thanks for the tip Guy. I hate learning new software but I got a feeling this is going to be worth it!

Guy Mancuso

It will be worth it Mike than you will be a junkie like me in no time.

I will give folks a little clue here 4.6 will just fly on your machines.

grappa

Now Mike when you get rolling here . There is a great trick in the 3 tab over from the left is the Q tabgo to that than right click and you can add all kinds of stuff from the other tabs in that one than drag and drop where you would like them. What this does is i can work in one tab only without jumping around to different tabs and gives me all the key ones i use all the time. Mine has Stlyes,base Char., WB,Exposure, High Dynamic Range, Clarity, Sharpening, levels, Lens corrections but that is mostly Phase stuff, Rotation, crop and process summary and you can fold any of them up for space. Obviously pick the ones you want with the check mark and you can work in one tab for all the important stuff. Pretty damn slick idea
So I tried this and all I got was an empty tab. How do I get rid of it or edit it?
It is a good tip but I'm lost here.

mwalker

Subscriber Member
Right click on the empty tab and a menu will come up and let you pick which action you want, once you get them in the tab you can drag them around in the order you want...pretty slick.

mwalker

Subscriber Member
No I'm in Leopard 10.5.6 using 4.5.2 Pro... once you open the empty tab right click in the tab and a menu should appear.

Guy Mancuso

Okay sounds like you are running okay now.

Next trick. If you are running a big machine with multiple hard drives. One suggestion I have and done this myself is put your Raw files on one drive other than your main drive. What you are trying to do here is read from one drive process on your main drive and write to another drive your final tifs. C1 is processor dependent pretty much and i am finding faster processing times with this kind of setup . It is less work on the machine than doing everything from the main drive.

Guy Mancuso

Another trick is you don't need the histogram tab if you have the levels tab on there . Since the levels tab gives you the histogram anyway but you can make adjustments in the levels tab, this is where I add black. So you maybe better off dumping the histo and replace with levels

TimothyHyde

Subscriber Member
I use Capture One for raw conversion with my M8.2 only, and I'm using the version that came with the camera. I've looked at the upgrade page, but it's unclear to me which version is optimal for my needs. I use it for the Leica only. Should i upgrade or is the version (4.1.3) that came with the camera adequate? Thanks.

Guy Mancuso

Tim wait until this new update coming, worst case everything will be even faster. When you update it should be the version you need. Look for 4.6 , I will post when it is released and you don't have long to wait:D