The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pink Tractors and a Silver M

jonoslack

HI There
On Sunday it was the 10th Annual Ladies Tractor Road Run in aid of Cancer Research.
For my sins I was doing the photography.

There were 160 tractors - coming through at a rate of one about every 8 seconds - sometimes quite (too) fast - focusing on the face of the driver and getting an interesting shot was not so easy!

I've put around 600 shots up on their website (trying to get everybody), but I also did a smaller gallery of 63 shots for those a little less determined!

All shot with a Leica M - mostly with the 50 'lux Asph, some with the 90 f4

In addition I did a group shot - this is two stitched images using the 50 lux (it's about 10mb, so don't click if you have a slow internet connection!

My wife Emma was also involved, she was starting a bad virus, and has been in bed much of the time since - she did complete the run, having driven there and back - 6 hours driving a tractor with no syncro mesh and a metal seat in 30C is no walkover! As you can see, she doesn't even need to use her hands!

Here she is:

Jono,

Great series for a great cause! Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves... each picture made me smile... nice way to start the day!

Cheers!
michael

Knorp

HI There
On Sunday it was the 10th Annual Ladies Tractor Road Run in aid of Cancer Research.
For my sins I was doing the photography.

There were 160 tractors - coming through at a rate of one about every 8 seconds - sometimes quite (too) fast - focusing on the face of the driver and getting an interesting shot was not so easy!

I've put around 600 shots up on their website (trying to get everybody), but I also did a smaller gallery of 63 shots for those a little less determined!

All shot with a Leica M - mostly with the 50 'lux Asph, some with the 90 f4

In addition I did a group shot - this is two stitched images using the 50 lux (it's about 10mb, so don't click if you have a slow internet connection!

My wife Emma was also involved, she was starting a bad virus, and has been in bed much of the time since - she did complete the run, having driven there and back - 6 hours driving a tractor with no syncro mesh and a metal seat in 30C is no walkover! As you can see, she doesn't even need to use her hands!

Here she is:

Meh - I could do that too if only I had a Silver M ... :p
:chug:

Good show and I'll check out the shots later.
Hopefully poor Emma is getting better soon.

Kind regards.

Last edited:

Mike Woods

Hi Jono, hope you're well.

The chrome one arrived then?! Still waiting here, but hopefully it's getting close!

Mike

algrove

OK, have to ask. Which M performs better the Silver or black? Did you do side by side testing on that day since it was only 30. We have 37 here in the mountains and my blacks are very hot to the touch.

Love the shot by the way.

jonoslack

OK, have to ask. Which M performs better the Silver or black? Did you do side by side testing on that day since it was only 30. We have 37 here in the mountains and my blacks are very hot to the touch.

Love the shot by the way.
:) Hi There - well, the black performs better - the silver one needs it's infinity stop adjusted I'm afraid :(