The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

EVF for the 240?

MirekE

I don't know how using an EVF changes what you feel necessary to use as a tripod ... Can you explain?
Small tripods are not comfortable with RF or SLR, where you want to look to the viewfinder horizontally. The EVF can be tilted up and you can look into it from the top. So even short tripod should be fine for most landscape situations.

Godfrey

Small tripods are not comfortable with RF or SLR, where you want to look to the viewfinder horizontally. The EVF can be tilted up and you can look into it from the top. So even short tripod should be fine for most landscape situations.
Ah, I see what you're thinking now.

For SLRs, I used to have a 90 degree viewfinder attachment (and 45 degree for the Hasselblad) to allow low angle shooting like this. RF cameras viewfinders were never really much good if you couldn't get your eye placed cleanly behind the viewfinder optics, it's another one of their limitations. Anything with a tiltable EVF or articulated LCD display is MUCH easier to work with in awkward positions.

G

jaapv

Subscriber Member
I'm not entirely sure about the need for an EVF with landscape photography, critical framing could be more easily done by chimping your last picture, and seeing the picture on your LCD you can contemplate it at leisure.
Why would you do that when you have Live View?:confused:

algrove

I routinely use the EVF on my M's for wide and R lens use. It works very well and speeds up my landscape work when timing can be important for sunsets, sunrises and the like.

BANKER1

The M is my first rangefinder since my very first decent camera in the early 70s. It is nice to have three different ways to view a scene through the camera. And, I may use two of them for composition and focus. I have no idea what the "rangefinder experience" is. For me, any camera is used to take the very best photograph you can extract from a particular scene. I like the EVF, and it makes the M very comfortable for me. Focus peaking is easier for me to use in the EVF as well.

Greg