The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Reformatted SDHC card lost photos

gooomz

I took some great shots with my M9 and forgot to offload to my imac and then reformatted my card in camera and then took some more photos.

what is the best way to recover my lost photos?

btw. since I took photos after the reformat if there a good chance that some photos will be lost due to being written over?

thank you

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Any of the available photo rescue software will recover anything thats not overwritten . Normally there is a free coupon in the box with a new card for the software . Go to the lexar or san disk websites .

250swb

Good luck with the recovery. Don't be hard on yourself, all possible mistakes can happen to all photographers sooner or later, but if you made it once you are probably unlikely to make it again.:)

Steve

davidzega

You can also use Amrev data recovery software. May be you can download it and have a try. It can do format recovery, unformat and recover deleted files emptied from Recycle Bin. However, if you have overwritten you data, it may not help you.
good luck