The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Christmas Just Came Late - IIIG

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
My IIIG is back from Sherry Krauter and has had her Golden Touch applied to it and two lenses. Not bad looking for a camera made in the first quarter of 1957? It is ready to shoot and I don't have a roll of 135 film in the house. That will be fixed tomorrow and I have 20 rolls of Ilford 100 and Tri-X on the way from B&H. It makes the M8 feel huge. I'm more excited over this than the 75 'Lux. This was my first Leica and it's back in business.

View attachment 1065

View attachment 1066

With the Canon 85/1.5.

View attachment 1067

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Very sweet piece of camera history John, and the best part is it is still capable of making stellar images!

Cheers,

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Enjoy it John.

Cheers,

Sean
I'm very interested to see how the Canon 85/1.5 draws on the M8. It had a nice look with Tri-X and the IIIG. I also can't wait to try the CV 28/3.5 on the IIIG. All those nice CV LTM's I got for the R-D1 and M8 can do some work here also.

S

Sean_Reid

The 85/1.5 on the M8 will likely be quite nice. I'd be curious to hear how much vignetting you see from the various Skopars on a film Leica.

Best,

Sean