The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Bustling downtown Shafter, CA (Leica M8.2 and Monochrom)

asiafish

Here are some photos I took this morning with my Leica M8.2 and Leica Elmarit-M 28mm f/2.8 ASPH. The one of the approaching train was actually the first shot of the morning. The camera was still set to ISO 1250 from my last shoot indoors in low light. With the lens wide-open and the shutter speed maxed at 1/4000th (A mode), the camera had no choice but to overexpose by 3.5 stops. Exposure was reduced in Lightroom by 3.5 stops, but I don't have the skills in PP to try and recover it further. All other shots properly exposed at ISO 160. IR cut filter used in all M8.2 images and no post-processing except for exposure compensation on the approaching train.

Shafter City Limit by Lawman1967, on Flickr

Welcome to Shafter by Lawman1967, on Flickr

Shafter, Tourist Trap by Lawman1967, on Flickr

Metro Shafter 6 by Lawman1967, on Flickr

This last one is to show the incredible security at railroad switches in bustling urban environments such as downtown Shafter, CA.

High Security 4 by Lawman1967, on Flickr

Here are a few from the Leica M Monochrom with Leica Summarit-M 35mm f/2.5 at the same time. Medium yellow filter used, no post-processing except DNG to JPG conversion in Lightroom 5.

Metro Shafter 3 by Lawman1967, on Flickr

Metro Shafter 2 by Lawman1967, on Flickr

High Security by Lawman1967, on Flickr

Last edited: