The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica X2 ... it's about time

aboudd

I looked for a thread for the X2 and I didn't see one. As this is a legitimate, made in the Fatherland camera, I am shocked. Shocked! I tell you.

I got mine a few weeks ago for grab shots and aside from a few quirks it doesn't disappoint. Herewith are two images of a window restorer working 27 floors above D.C.

HiAboud,

Good to see you back with a new X2!

Love to catch up soon, maybe after Labor Day when I am back in town.

Reed
Blog: DMC-365.blogspot.com

Moonshine

Hey Aboudd congrats on your X2 purchase! It's a great camera with amazing image quality. I was thinking of selling mine because of the somewhat slow auto focus but I always end up changing my mind as it's so amazing with the IQ.
I agree..wish there were more threads on the X2

aboudd

I love farmer's markets. I just visited one in Falls Church VA. All shots with the X2.

Hey, can someone else with an X Leica please post a few photos?

Godfrey

I sometimes wonder where spent all that money for the X2, I mean, it's not like I didn't have enough cameras already when I bought it. But then I take a few more pictures with it and I remember why very quickly.

Mine's off to NJ for a service. After 10,000 exposures or so, the four way controller was being flakey and its on warranty, so I figured it would be good to have it looked after sooner rather than later.

G

asiafish

So Leica is having an X picture contest. I haven't used my X2 very much (that Monochrom keeps hogging my bag), but here are a few from my Lightroom archive from the X2. Maybe I'll take the X2 to San Francisco Friday and see what I might see.

L1060009.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1060356.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1060355.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1060270.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1060260.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1060396.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1060279201310102929.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1060042.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1060044.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1060060.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1060253-Edit.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr
L1060272.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1060142.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1060188.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1060222.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1060223.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1060117.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1060118.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1060103.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

aboudd

Like a lot of the shots but absolutely love the truck shot, that color balance is wonderfully bizarre.

aboudd

Boston

It's been awhile since I picked up my X2, big mistake. I took it to Boston for a short visit instead of my usual Canon DSLR 3 lens kit. Not only did my shoulder thank me afterwards but I felt liberated not having to think about what lens to use where. I was very pleased with the images.

Godfrey

Nice.

Mine returned from Leica service an age and a day ago, in perfect working order again. But I've been putting my time in on the E-M1 and A7, and on Polaroid photography, so it's been neglected. Time to charge up the battery and make some photos.

To be honest, I debate keeping the X2. I might just sell both it and the M9, buy a T instead. I haven't used either since the E-M1 and A7 came along. A T with the 23/2 and a 40/2 might be just the ticket for my "pure Leica" enjoyment.

Time will tell.

G

Gbealnz

We will make a special dispensation for you Gary. Welcome aboard.
Well then, where do I start.
It was a bit of an impulse purchase as we left NZ for a 7 week trip through Europe, (including a Med cruise), and I left virtually all the usual camera gear behind, taking only an M6, and 35 and 50 Summicrons, plus some B&W film. I figured I'd immerse myself in B&W images while in Paris/Provence/Florence/Venice/Rome, as well as other places.

Wrong!!! Once I tried the X1, I didn't put it down, and in the end shot only a roll and a half of B&W through the M6.

Gazzilions of X1 shots later I am like Godfrey, distracted by newer cameras, in my case an X-Pro1. But the beautiful thing about the X1 is like Aboudd said, the lens decision is not required, just take the image.

A small selection attached, heaps more but nobody wants to look at someone else's holiday snaps.

Gary