The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Interview with Nikki Sixx

Double Negative

Not Available
Hey, guys. Don't know if you saw this yet or not, but I wanted to share. I'm super chuffed to have had the opportunity to interview Nikki. A really talented guy and down to Earth. Some great photos too, and he's a Leica shooter.

Interview with Nikki Sixx

Double Negative

Not Available
You're welcome, John! So did I... Some of those stories are really interesting. And from some far away places, too. Benefits of touring, I guess!

fotografz

The guy is a creative hurricane, a modern renaissance man ... that you had a few minutes with him is very cool.

- Marc

Double Negative

Not Available
As luck would have it, I'm in the process of setting up many more such interviews... Stay tuned.

kewl, I didn't know he was also a Leica shooter :)
You know, that didn't really "stick" in my head either... I mean, I've seen that he's attended some Leica functions (e.g. Leica Store LA). He's quite the fan.

The guy is a creative hurricane, a modern renaissance man ... that you had a few minutes with him is very cool.
He really is! An amazing collection of talents. He's a rather busy guy as a result, ha!

ced

Thanks! That was interesting, when he said "raw" by gosh he really means "RAW".
Some of us (speak for myself here, live a sheltered life).

arild

Heh,as a multiple times "Dirt" reader, I really appreciated that. Had no idea of his photography,but it doesn't surprise me one bit, given his musical artistry.

This might sound clichéd,but I've always found photography to be "the" democratic artform(in the western hemisphere,though). Accessible to anyone with a cellphone, old 35mm equipment, anything. The tool is at your fingertips, talent and skill is there to be developed in your mind and with social interaction.

Although I prefer darker, heavier and louder forms of rock/metal than the Crüe ever made,I'll always get pumped hearing Dr.Feelgood.. Thanks dubneg!

Double Negative

Not Available
Interesting point of view, arild... I'd agree. Photography is an art that is accessible to anyone, especially these days where just about everything has a camera in it.

I was never a real Mötley Crüe fan myself (I was into punk/industrial, not metal), but I can appreciate his many talents. Do what you love, I say!

Thanks for the feedback!