The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M8, SDHC card andd 999 exposures?

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
M8, 8 Gig SDHC card and 999 exposures?

Over the holidays I upgraded to 2.000 and got two SanDisk Extreme III 8gig cards. I've just formated one and it shows 999 exposures.

I had read that turning the camera off, back on, shooting a frame and back off and on would result in a more rational number of exposures.

Not happening for me.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

johnastovall

Forget it, as he limps away having shot his own foot.

I forgot to set all my settings back after the 2.002 and it was JPEG rather than DNG.

M

marknorton

Not sure what you mean by a more "rational" number of exposures, but the display is limited to 3 digits, so if the free space divided by estimated image size, based on selected output type, is 1000 or more, it will only show 999.

johnastovall

A rational number with a 10.1meg DNR file an 8gig SCHD should have about 750+ exposures. I never shot JPEG's since i got the M8. So I was not expecting small files.

oc garza

Check to be sure the UV/IR cut filter is screwed on straight enough for the old nogin.

Mine comes unscrewed all the time ;>)

Robert Campbell

Not only on M8s, but common/universal elsewhere. The counter only goes up to 999, but you can store more as space allows. Ignore.