The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Best adaptor for Nikon lens on an M240?

Godfrey

Yes I know it is heresy but I want to try a Nikon mount 150mm macro on my M240 prior to ebaying the lens if it doesn't work out too well.
The best quality adapters are the ones from Novoflex, but they're expensive to buy if it's just a trial.

G

V

Vivek

Sigma macro 150mm?? Check how super teles do on the M. A 150mm macro lens (at macro magnifications) is a super tele. No need for an adapter purchase.

olaf

Sigma macro 150mm?? Check how super teles do on the M. A 150mm macro lens (at macro magnifications) is a super tele. No need for an adapter purchase.
Hi Vivek
Well identified:) The full title is Sigma 150mm f2.8, APO Macro EX DG OS. But I don't understand your comment re no adaptor needed? I have to attach it to the M240 somehow - sounds like I'm missing something here..... please explain... thx.

V

Vivek

Hi Olaf,

I thought this thread offered some insight but it is all about various gear possibilities, it seems: http://www.getdpi.com/forum/leica/49103-leica-m-240-telephoto-opportunities.html

When you get close (say 1/5X, thereabouts and to 1X), it is like a super tele. The most, I would be concerned about is how the microlenses in M handle that. One can not have a sensor optimized for wides and teles (same as macros). I say this based on my experience with the MM (very different sensor/microlenses though) which is quite disappointing (it is great but not stellar) for macros.

Hope that clarifies my earlier post.

olaf

The best quality adapters are the ones from Novoflex, but they're expensive to buy if it's just a trial.

G
Yep it certainly is expensive! But thanks for the lead. I'll probably experiment with a cheaper alternative first.

olaf

Hi Olaf,

I thought this thread offered some insight but it is all about various gear possibilities, it seems: http://www.getdpi.com/forum/leica/49103-leica-m-240-telephoto-opportunities.html

When you get close (say 1/5X, thereabouts and to 1X), it is like a super tele. The most, I would be concerned about is how the microlenses in M handle that. One can not have a sensor optimized for wides and teles (same as macros). I say this based on my experience with the MM (very different sensor/microlenses though) which is quite disappointing (it is great but not stellar) for macros.

Hope that clarifies my earlier post.
Hi Vivek
Yep I've got the point now. Thanks for your help.