The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M, R, and LTM lenses on the Sony A7/A7R

jagsiva

Read several folks have tried the LR Flat Field feature to remove colour casts with wides. Has anyone tried the LCC feature in C1, and any thoughts on this?

jagsiva

Ah yes, forgot about C1 support. I would have thought that LCC was supported on JPG as well, I will go and check.

Schmiddi

Read several folks have tried the LR Flat Field feature to remove colour casts with wides. Has anyone tried the LCC feature in C1, and any thoughts on this?
I use(d) this on NEX-7 (still waiting on A7R) - worked perfectly. So no reason why it shouldn't work with the A7s too...
Andreas

jagsiva

I use(d) this on NEX-7 (still waiting on A7R) - worked perfectly. So no reason why it shouldn't work with the A7s too...
Andreas
Thanks. Looks like it would be simpler than the flat field thingy in LR. Also, since there is no T/S involved, we should be able to use a library for different aperture values quite easily. Of course, the damn thing does not record aperture in the EXIF, so this would need to be done manually

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Having spent the last three years trying out 3rd party lenses on different cameras I've just come to the conclusion that cameras are best used with the lenses designed for them.

If Sony/Zeiss can come up with good quality lenses which match the size of the camera, then I'll be back in there like a flash - I liked the camera, the only real thing missing is IBIS.
How TRUE Jono !!!!

This is what I have always thought that I want to use cameras with lenses built for that camera and/or system. Everything with Adapter is fun, can be great but finally most times not up to the potential of original glass.

As soon as Sony/Zeiss have a somehow (much) more complete lineup of lenses I will be in as well! Especially if Sony can implement IBIS - which should not be too difficult as they have all the knowledge in house - even if the camera becomes a tiny bit bulkier ;)

Schmiddi

Thanks. Looks like it would be simpler than the flat field thingy in LR. Also, since there is no T/S involved, we should be able to use a library for different aperture values quite easily. Of course, the damn thing does not record aperture in the EXIF, so this would need to be done manually
Yeah, it's easy - I made correction files for each f-setting. When out for shooting I recorded a short movie speaking the EXIF-data to camera (lens and f-stop). So save space I switched video to 640-format (don't need video, so no problem there). Workes for me...
Andreas

ashwinrao1

Enjoying my A7...heavy handed low light, ISO 2500- 6400 processing with VSCO. All 50 Lux asph or 35 Lux FLE...both work admirably on the A7 for this type of work, and I really find the EVF and back LCD screen great for critical focusing. Colors of the LED sight lit wall kept changing from blue, to red, to yellow, to green, etc....making for fun painterly tones. Jenn tolerated my camera in exchange for a tasty sushi dinner lol:

While it'd be nice to have AF, I am working quite fast with this scheme...

RichA

Re: M and LTM lenses on the Sony A7/A7R

Thanks. I recall also having seen some impressive shots with the 21 and 24 Summiluxes on the A7R. However, those were jpg images and not conclusive.

I should get my A7R in early December and, of course, my WATE will be one of the first lenses on it. ;)
Does the Sony (or other Sony's for that matter) do in-camera chromatic aberration correction, either with its own lenses or others like the Panasonics do? I realize this would only be done with JPEGs.

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
Re: M and LTM lenses on the Sony A7/A7R

Does the Sony (or other Sony's for that matter) do in-camera chromatic aberration correction, either with its own lenses or others like the Panasonics do? I realize this would only be done with JPEGs.
Rich, nobody I have heard from Sony has said one way or the other on this subject, but likely only because the camera's release just happened so nobody has asked the question yet. I am sure there will be more information on this down the road.

That said, almost every manufacturer is using all the software tricks possible to improve the images from their cameras. Especially if they make the lenses as well. But I doubt greatly if Sony have optimized anything for Leica lenses in particular.

Taylor Sherman

I'm definitely enjoying these lenses on my A7 so far. The wider ones aren't perfect but it's not getting in my way too much yet.

21 Super-Elmar at f/5.6

21SE at f/5.6

CV15 at f/8

ZM50/2 at f/2 (hmm, maybe not, too much DOF for f/2)

ZM50/2 at f/5.6

Macro-Elmarit-R 60/2.8 at f/2.8

MER 60 at f/2.8

Summicron-M 28/2 at f/2, I think

28/2 at f/5.6

21SE at f/5.6

bcm

I really love the A7R for my ZM and CV lenses.

And of course you can't start off a new camera without a picture of the family pet.