The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My M240 Goes to India

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Over the past several weeks, I have been able to spend time in India wandering through marvelously colorful, crowded and noisy marketplaces in Dehli and Bangalore. On this trip, it was all-M240 all-of-the-time. Here's a link to a tumblr blog where I've posted some of the shots. I'm hoping to return again early in the new year.

Here's the link:
LeicaM240Images

ceh

Beautiful pictures, beautiful place, beautiful people, beautiful photos.
Bravo Kurt.
:thumbs:

Seascape

Beautiful photos Kurt, I just love the 3Dimensionality of these images.

Makes me wonder about the lens used, I'm guessing the 50 Lux ASPH because of the the 3D look to the Bokeh, am I close ??

D&A

Simply lovely Kirk. One of the characteristics that make the vast majority of your images successful is the way you keenly capture eye contact with your subjects and yet include elements of their surroundings in order to put them and their environment in context.

Really well done!

Dave (D&A)

segedi

Yes, very well done indeed!
Not a random assortment of shots, but a coherent set of portraits showing daily life.

J

JohnW

Kurt, are you still in Delhi? If so, consider visiting Majnu ka Tilla. It's the largest Tibetan settlement outside of Dharamsala. I've been to Delhi many times but only discovered it on the last visit. Well worth a trip and right off the GTB metro stop. A very different visual experience than the rest of India.

A few images from my brief visit: http://www.johnwolf.net/p427108807/.

John

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Seascape, about 90% of the photos are with the 35lux FLE and the other 10% are with the 21SEM. I like to get close.

CEH, Double Negative, JLM, Dave and Segedi … thanks for the nice comments … they are much appreciated.

John, this was my first time in Dehli so I was satisfied with just getting lost in old Dehli for a few days. Hopefully I can get back there again soon. If so, Majnu ka Tilla would be at the top of the list. Thanks for pointing it out. I like the images that you show in your link from the area.

Seascape

Seascape, about 90% of the photos are with the 35lux FLE and the other 10% are with the 21SEM. I like to get close.
Interesting, well it is certainly working for you.
I normally shoot with a 35 Lux ASPH (non FLE), and a 24 Elmarit.

I'm looking forward to using them with my recently purchased M240.
Viewing this series has been very helpful, thanks Kurt.

Last edited:

Ocean

Senior Subscriber Member
Kurt, I really enjoy your images, as always. They are very inspirational! Thank you for sharing. These reminded me of your images that you posted a while ago using your Leica S2.

Viewing your images as a set, I did notice that color rendering of the M240 is different than that of your S2 images, including B&W. I am wondering if you were using a different processing techniques on your M240. Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Paratom

Kurt - great images. I believe one can see the you can get a good "connection" to the people you photograph.