The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

"Oh, BTW, I bought a Leica Monochrom yesterday…"

uhoh7

I'm so stupid I tell them LOL

My daughter mistook the A7 for "one of your old film cameras, dad", she barely recovered from that trauma, when I grabbed an M9, finally: "What $3500!!!??"

If I would have kept my mouth shut she would never have noticed either one.

I did sort of bribe her by letting her have her first AF lens and a flash for her personal Nex-3, after a year of MF.

What does she want more than anything? A canon rebel. ouch.

Here she is attempting to decenter my cv 35/1.4 with sheer will power:

DSC06307 by unoh7, on Flickr

asiafish

The MM is terrific, you will love it. It seems to like every piece of glass I put in front of it. Brand-new 2013 50mm Summicron shows the incredible resolution and micro contrast. 1937 Carl Zeiss Jena 5cm f/1.5 Sonnar brings out some fantastic glow and bokeh to die for (and cheap, but tuned Jupiter 3 is just as good).

I'm sure even a pinhole would give some incredible images on this truly magical sensor.

mmbma

I have a Mono and like it very much. However I'm interested in what the rumored A7M can do.

Just tell your wife the camera is the cheapest leica because it doesn't have color capability... that's what I did