The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Unlock 16-bit RAW files for M8

bla

Hello everyone,

I am the developer of m8raw2dng and I want to thank Phil and Scott for their nice write-speed tests. I haven't thought of doing those yet, but it confirms my experience after taking nearly 2k exposures in RAW: You won't miss a shot because shooting RAW is slower (cause it isn't), but it takes longer until you can have a look at the image on the LCD.

I can tell you that it would be lightning fast if it wasn't for the JPG file in RAW+JPG mode... ;)

Anyhow, I am always happy to see people testing my tool and feedback is highly appreciated.

Feel free to contact me and pay a visit to my website for more information. You might want to subscribe to my mailing list to get notified on important updates and new releases.

Have a nice time and enjoy shooting your M8, especially in RAW mode!

Arvid

dude163

Hi Arvid I tried opening the DNGs in lightroom 3.4 photoshop CS2 and CS 5. but none recognised the file, do I just need newer software? if so Ill try my laptop when I get home it has LR 4

bla

Hi dude,

that hasn't happened before. Can you tell me which parameters you used for conversion? Let's see if we can work that out...

Arvid

dude163

I also just redownloaded the latest Adobe DNG codec for win 7

Adobe DNG Codec 2.0

and I can view teh DNG files now in windows photo viewer, but they have a slight magenta cast ( Ibelieve there is a command switch to correct that) But they wont open in LR or PS

bla

Nice example, thank you!

Glad you figured it out. I think I know why the older version didn't work. I set the DNG version on conversion to 1.4, and that's most likely not supported by LR 3.4... Do you still have 3.4, so you could test if that's the case? If not, no problem.

I hope you like what I've done so far and if you got problems or questions, just contact me.

Cheers,
Arvid

bla

Well I could give you a modified version per email (for your eyes only ;) )

And you could convert an image and try then if it works again in LR 3.4.

But only if you are interested. You are so far the only one having the problem, so I guess most people have moved on to newer versions. But it would be interesting for me of course as I want the tool to be usable for a maximum number of M8 users. That's why I put up with all the Mac/Linux/Windows cr**. :)
Arvid