The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What is it about the Leica Digilux 2 ??

gogopix

Subscriber
Well, as most people view max 8x10 or online, 2,000x2000 about will give you an 8x10 quite nicely. I print dye sub and 7900 from this camera and the results are, well, like a real photo! :eek:

I also have a Contax with P65+ and an M9....and the DL-2 STILL grabs a very decent image, all auto, built in flash and a great Leica zoom lens.

Will it beat these new Merrill compacts or an M9, no. Will it get you a camera your wife or friend can pick up and get a printable image?

Yes.

Can't fool ourselves, but we say so often the shot is more important than the technology. When an easy camera also gets "fat pixel" equivalent film-like look, well at $1k, that's darn good

Regards
Victor

I like the looks of it and the "analog" controls. Thought it might be fun to play with.
Looking for some logic and not just lust though as newer cameras have bigger sensors and more pixels and probably cost less.
Thanks