The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Review the world has been waiting for ...

GDI

Invaluable site and info, I never buy anything till KR give it the thumbs-up.

So I'm passing on the M240 of course...

Last edited:
J

JohnW

My biggest issue with him and I refuse to read his stuff anymore is he maybe entertaining but he is also very misleading to beginners that just don't know any better. To me that's a big problem. I know myself I never want to mislead anyone on my thoughts. I feel it a obligation to not do that but he certainly is laughing all the way to the bank. Great business model poor ethics.
My guess is he doesn't believe he's misleading anyone. He seems sincere to me - even his bombast.

Google for just about anything camerwise and Ken will be close to the top. He's grown on me over the years. I look past all his superlatives and find a lot of good information on his site.

John

asiafish

I'm just waiting for him to review the M5.

Many of his reviews are excellent, but some are just pure crap, like his summary dismissal of the Summarit lenses despite making it clear he never actually used them.

GMB

There are better ways to waste your life time than reading these kind of reviews. Honestly, one unsupported blatant statement after the other. Brrrr.

Geoff

Reminds me of hanging out at the old gas station with some of the guys, shooting the breeze. Fun on a hot summer day when there was nothing else to do…but if you had a girlfriend, it wasn't worth the time.

fultonpics

i enjoy reading all reviews on cameras and lenses i'm considering--one reviewer might pick up something useful that another feels irrelevant. the decision to buy or pass on gear is mine.

i know the kind of work i do for myself and what I need to deliver for paid assignments--which is 95% of what i do with camera anyway. Ken's reviews are helpful as are others. I also suspect many people who review gear never really have to deliver for clients--thus they waste time worrying about features too much. So you discount this and look for any new information you can pick up in a review.

Last edited:

uhoh7

He does have lots of good info, and most of the time his assessment is correct.

However, from time to time, he goes right off the deep end into lala land.

Cases in point:
reviews of the CV 50/1.1 and Leica 90/2.5 are not in keeping with my own first hand experience.