The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica's new APS-C Interchangeable lens camera

segedi

I have tried using M-lenses on m43 and on Nex cameras but in the end I was never convinced by the handling of such combination and rather use M lenses on the M and native lenses on m43/Nex (ok, I dont own Nex any more).
Tried doing the same with NEX and I too don't own any NEX anymore. If the AF would have been better, I might have kept the 5N...

fotografz

I still use my M8s as my primary cameras. Nothing wrong with them, if it is
Images one needs to make.

I just didn't have the underwater housing for them, this time.

As for the new Leica....I shall wait for the inevitable ' fun with ...' thread.

I believe the M8 was ( and is ) the game changer rangefinder.

YMMV.
Actually the Epson RD was the "Game Changer" wasn't it? Prior to that, Leica kept saying it wasn't possible. So, the Epson "got them into the game" so to speak.

If he M8 were fully supported for repairs, I'd seriously look at one as back-up to my M Monochrome … the B&W conversions from that camera are really quite special IMO.

- Marc

Paratom

Actually the Epson RD was the "Game Changer" wasn't it? Prior to that, Leica kept saying it wasn't possible. So, the Epson "got them into the game" so to speak.

If he M8 were fully supported for repairs, I'd seriously look at one as back-up to my M Monochrome … the B&W conversions from that camera are really quite special IMO.

- Marc
I agree, I remember Canon D30 times when I didnt have any hope for a digital camera to use my Leica M glass and I was quite happy with the rd1.

jaapv

Subscriber Member
- Marc
Not really, Leica started developing the M8 a couple of years before the RD1 hit the market. Development was a bit slow due to lack of funds.

rayyan

- Marc
Marc, this is correct.

Best.

p.s. when I think of Leica, I tend to forget there are other cameras too!!:eek:

rayyan

Not really, Leica started developing the M8 a couple of years before the RD1 hit the market. Development was a bit slow due to lack of funds.
Let's not get into an argument like that between Newton and Leibniz.

Take care.

jonoslack

Let's not get into an argument like that between Newton and Leibniz.

Take care.
Hi There - the Epson was announced on March 11th 2004 (if we can believe dPreview). The Leica M8 in September 2006.

Hard to gather the exact truth of these matters . . . . but if anyone would know, then it would be Jaap.

For me it's enough to know that Epson announced their digital rangefinder 2.1/2 years before Leica . . . and what a lovely camera it was!

all the best

rayyan

Hi There - the Epson was announced on March 11th 2004 (if we can believe dPreview). The Leica M8 in September 2006.

Hard to gather the exact truth of these matters . . . . but if anyone would know, then it would be Jaap.

For me it's enough to know that Epson announced their digital rangefinder 2.1/2 years before Leica . . . and what a lovely camera it was!

all the best
Correct in what you state Jono.

Regards.

p.s never owned the Epson RD1. Did buy Seiko watches though.

Double Negative

Not Available
All sorts of updates to report. "T" for Touchscreen, Visoflex EVF w/GPS, specs and pics of the (two) new T lenses, and the M adapter will support 6-bit coding (for in-camera corrections).

Knorp

The link is dead, Ashwin.
Or is it the wrong link ?
Perhaps they took it down ?

Kind regards.

Hosermage

still working for me... although none of the videos are working.

edit: nevermind, they took it down... it went away after I tried to refresh it.

ashwinrao1

Interesting. my link still works, but maybe it was saved on my cache...the videos were broken, but the site was up. In summary, a touch screen, couple of dials up top, 2 lenses (23 f/2 'cron, and along a normal zoom) all very compact, with reportedly fast and silent AF...emphasis on simplicty of use...IQ looked great at web size. nice colors, sharp files, with a sampling from several photographers, including Jono and others. Introduction by Dr. Kaufmann. Accessories to colorize your camera, made by audi, and some elegant, grey looking cases/half cases/holsters.... Also an new EVF with GPS, which I am hoping is an upgrade to the VF2 and allowable on the M240. Way cooler looking that the VF2...it's actually what I am most hopeful for. No pricing was listed on the site...