The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Leica T - Impressions and Images

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
Have any of you who have used the camera been bothered by the sharp bottom edge?
Brad, some Portuguese dude spent forty five minutes sanding down the edges on the one I used, and it was smooth as a baby's bottom all the way round. Sounds like the dude that sanded the one you tried didn't get the memo yet :banghead:

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Chuck,

perfect write up and I meantime start wanting one as well. Might use it mainly with the AF lenses but also a nice entry point again for all my M glass which sits in the closet since I sold my M8. And who knows - maybe this is the camera to bridge the gap till the M260 comes to market, or maybe this is my final Leica destination ;)

Peter

cam

Thank you Jim. For exactly the same reasons as you, I made up my mind this was not a camera for me either. When I went to the Leica 100th anniversary party I took a look out of curiosity, and was smitten with how well this whole system works. And that 23mm Summicron, ooooola la. It is one sweet lens.

So my advice is ether clear space on your credit card, or stay away from the store! :D:D:D
Chuck, the picture of Ebi is great -- it's just so Ebi! I'm doing my best to stay away from the store, but know I'll succumb, sigh… hopefully I won't hear the siren call.

Did they have both colours?

Oh god, what am I saying? :banghead:

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
Chuck, the picture of Ebi is great -- it's just so Ebi! I'm doing my best to stay away from the store, but know I'll succumb, sigh… hopefully I won't hear the siren call.

Did they have both colours?

Oh god, what am I saying? :banghead:
Ebi was just great, always so helpful. Nice of him to answer my questions on camera too.

Dude, your goose is cooked. The BORG have assimilated your neighborhood already. They have FOUR colors! Yellow, Orange, White, and Black. ALL are in stock too waiting for the cameras :angel: Ebi told me he would save me whatever color I wanted too....LOL!

But the best news is both the Silver and the Black anodized base models have an excellent fit and finish. It isn't like you NEED to accessorize it anymore than we NEED to own it. You can always add the accessories later :LOL::LOL::LOL:

cam

Dude, your goose is cooked. The BORG have assimilated your neighborhood already. They have FOUR colors! Yellow, Orange, White, and Black. ALL are in stock too waiting for the cameras :angel: Ebi told me he would save me whatever color I wanted too....LOL!

But the best news is both the Silver and the Black anodized base models have an excellent fit and finish. It isn't like you NEED to accessorize it anymore than we NEED to own it. You can always add the accessories later :LOL::LOL::LOL:
So what colour camera and case are you getting?

Actually, the first thing Ebi will show me (he knows me too well!) will be the leather carry bag. He's evil that way :cussing:

I think I'm safe for the next two weeks, at least. Just flew in late last night (are they ever going to finish construction on the 405???) and am off to Hawaii early Tuesday morning.

After that, though, my goose is cooked. Even if I avoid the Leica store itself, Tibor will get me and Samy's. He'll show me the camera I don't need, just like he did with the Monochrom… and that turned out real well :ROTFL:

Y.B.Hudson III

yEhh, if Leica less time polishing yuppie toys, and perhaps a little more effort in finishing my 50 "sue me con" ... asp, Would I be happy?

For now, I'll try not to scratch my corneas with the files from the apc GXR M/24mm summilux ... :watch:

woodleica

Thanks for the review Jono. This looks great to have along with an M. Can also use the R adapter to make for a very nice M+T+R system. My bank account is already weeping...

So, there is no focus peaking - only magnification - is that right?

jonoslack

Thanks for the review Jono. This looks great to have along with an M. Can also use the R adapter to make for a very nice M+T+R system. My bank account is already weeping...

So, there is no focus peaking - only magnification - is that right?
Hi there - that's right - just magnification - and only in the centre . ..

Auto magnify? How? without a focus ring movement sensor?
With the 'native' lenses you can set it to MF, and then it will auto-magnify. With M lenses (and R lenses) it defaults to making the left hand thumb dial used for magnification (either 3x or 6x)

all the best