The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recommended lenses for close up jewelry photography

dmabry2010

Hello,

I haven't posted for a while. I have a close up photography question.

A friend of mine is a jewelry designer starting a business. She takes iPhone photos and posts.

I thought certainly I could do better with an M240 and my lenses.

She has a light box and I have a table tripod.

I was thing of trying the 100/2.8 R with its Elpro.

Is that a good fit?

Others?

Thank you

Dmabry

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Tele-Elmar 135 head on bellows is one of the best macro combos around. (warning: The Leica bellows needs a spacer to use as otherwise it has to be dismantled to remove)

Seascape

I was thing of trying the 100/2.8 R with its Elpro.

Is that a good fit?

Dmabry
Michael,

The 100 Macro with the Leica R to M adapter, when used with Liveview works exceptionally well. The lens is (still) superb, with a M240 you can really see image quality that is beyond previous film performance - that the lens was designed for.

An excellent choice for that type of work :thumbs:

dmabry2010

Michael,

The 100 Macro with the Leica R to M adapter, when used with Liveview works exceptionally well. The lens is (still) superb, with a M240 you can really see image quality that is beyond previous film performance - that the lens was designed for.

An excellent choice for that type of work :thumbs:
Thank you

Michael