The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New M Monochrom (Type 230) Coming

chrism

Not an issue. Even if you confront him on it, I doubt he'd say anything.
I'm quite sure you are right and certainly didn't mean to suggest otherwise. That's why Leica trust him!

Of course, that doesn't mean we can't have a harmless tease about it.

Chris

Double Negative

Not Available
It may have slipped under the radar, but did y'all notice that Leica has introduced THREE "new" M Monochrom versions this weekend?

They're all the same specs... The one in the Leica Edition 100 set is made from stainless steel (not available separately), the second is a silver/chrome version of the regular M Monochrom (available as a normal offering) and the third new model is the Leitz Park special edition (only available in the Leica Store at Wetzlar).

You know what this means, of course. This new Type 230 model is all but certain. ;)

asiafish

I'm quite sure you are right and certainly didn't mean to suggest otherwise. That's why Leica trust him!

Of course, that doesn't mean we can't have a harmless tease about it.

Chris
Based on his description of the M240, I'm sure Jono will love it. Most of us probably will love it too if we try it, but that doesn't mean we will love the current model any less.

Personally I doubt I'll bother with a new one, though the improved frame lines, shutter and weather sealing tempt me to move from M9 to M240. With the MM, I just can't imagine a better black and white imaging tool. More convenient, absolutely. Quieter? Definitely. Better? No way, but equal is a definite possibility.

mmbma

Fotograz, what I meant in the earlier post is that I cannot see a difference in "sensor look" from the Monhcrom and the converted B&W images from my M's CMOS sensor. Sure there would be some very subtle tonal difference and DR differences when I push the images in post, but the very obvious different look between CCD and CMOS color sensors is not there.

The M230 will be nice because 1) it'll probably have more resolution, maybe 24mp, 2) It'll have live view which is very important for wide angle shooters, and 3) even higher ISO.

bradhusick

Unfortunately the Leica M Monochrom Typ 230 is no new Leica M240 based Monochrom but the stainless steel version as part of the limited Leica M Edition 100. Because of the different material it needed a new certificate from the Korean telecommunication agency – thus the rumors…