Not sure if anyone could learn anything about the M240 from me, especially with the superb reviews and commentary by the wonderful photographers that grace this forum. This is just to share my own thoughts about getting the camera after a long period of debate, and then using it at a very special occasion to me personally, shooting at the weeding of the daughter of my closest friends.
I made the decision to go with the MM 18 months ago. This is in part because I have some red-green color blindness and I love to let all of that go and shoot B&W. Also, I just did not like the color I was seeing until firmware changes improved things on the M240. I really wanted to get color shots at the wedding, so I went for it, and I am really glad I did. Here's an outline of my experience.
1.I hadn't really expected how much faster the M240 is to shoot in an active setting. The FPS is up, the buffer clears much faster, and I found it kept up with a rapid pace splendidly.
2. God, that shutter is great and quiet as all report. Shooting during the service was much better, and it just has a great "feel" to the experience.
3. Man, the RF is incredibly accurate!!
4. I really like the look of the files. I may be in a minority of one. but I find PhotoNinja does the most pleasing conversions. It's highlight recovery feature which works automatically when opening the files is fantastic, and I find the overall image to be richer and more film like than other converters.
5. I love silver chrome bodies, and now having a place to hang my silver 50 lux asph as a lens cap is a thrill.
Not So Great
1. while it's faster and clears buffer better, I hit a wall once during the wedding and had to remove the battery. Well described by many others. Needs improvement.
2. I HATE the view of Iso values when changing the setting. They are essentially unreadable in bright daylight. What in the world were they thinking??
3. Finally, as we all know, it needs a truly manual auto iso which is a feature I get t love in my Nikons and do with my MM
So, I love the camera. The bottom line is I really enjoyed shooting at the wedding with it, and was very happy with the images it was asked to provide! Here's a few examples, all with the 50 lux asph. best…..Peter