The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cleaning the m240 sensor

jaymz007

Can someone help me with cleaning my sensor on my camera. I have relentlessly tried to use eclipse and sensor swab to clean the sensor but every time the dust just shows up in different locations on the sensor and I just can't get rid of it all. I also think that maybe there is dust on the shutter it self in the inside by the sensor. I do not want to send the camera in until last resort.
Thanks guys
Jaymz

ReeRay

I initially use an anti-static blower to remove any dust. Then I wet clean using Isopropyl and Visible Dust swabs. Just a few drops on the swab, allow a few seconds to soak in, wipe one way, reverse the swab and wipe the other way and usually that does it. Stubborn spots may need a few more attempts. The proprietary cleaning fluids are useless IMHO. Leica themselves recommend Isopropyl.

Hope this helps.

P.s. my personal preference for Isopropyl is NOT the 100% pure but the 70% version which most pharmacies carry.