The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad 100 on S2

rsmphoto

I'm considering returning it to have it checked again.. I'll run a few more shots at the wider focal lengths and see how it performs,but the primes remain my first choice.

It could be sample variation ... Zooms are more complex than primes and more likely to have tolerance issues or decentered elements and yours does seem to perform better than mine or Stuarts.

Rob
I think it's worth pursuing. Your VE just doesn't look like it's performing properly, to me.

Bon chance!!

Stuart Richardson

Yours looks very similar to the results I was getting with mine, and as I said, they said it was fine, but then they said they did some small adjustments. And I was there at the factory in person with both the lens and the camera. You might considering trying to do some focus bracketing as well, as I have a feeling that sometimes the issue is curvature of field...that the center is in good focus, but the edges are not because of a curvature of field issue. This would also explain how it is sometimes better than other times.

Also, I have not really found any problems shooting the lens at 30mm to 60mm...it just seems to be more of a problem at the longer focal lengths

RVB

Yours looks very similar to the results I was getting with mine, and as I said, they said it was fine, but then they said they did some small adjustments. And I was there at the factory in person with both the lens and the camera. You might considering trying to do some focus bracketing as well, as I have a feeling that sometimes the issue is curvature of field...that the center is in good focus, but the edges are not because of a curvature of field issue. This would also explain how it is sometimes better than other times.

Also, I have not really found any problems shooting the lens at 30mm to 60mm...it just seems to be more of a problem at the longer focal lengths

I did try a couple of "3D" scenes with more scope for viewing field curvature issues but It was still lagging behind the primes and I think that at the distance in those test shots which were near infinity field curvature should be less of an issue.

I will more than likely return it for examination..I think that it could certainly be better.

RVB

I've had a chance to shoot a few more frames and I agree it works better at 30-50.. from 70-90 the edge performance suffers..

rsmphoto

Ok. Not sure this really helps the discussion, but it's 90mm (or damn close) @ƒ11. Obviously not infinity focus. Crops around 100%.

Richard