The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

question about CV Color Skopar lenses vs M240

Godfrey

Hallo,

I'm getting ready to put stuff up for sale and considering what I really like to work with in my M-mount kit. What I've found is that the Voigtländer Color-Skopars (21/4, 28/3.5, 35/2.5, and 50/2.5) have all proven themselves to be lovely with the M4-2 on film and work great with the Ricoh GXR-M, but only the 35 and 50 work without color shifting and other problems on the M9. I really like this medium speed set of lenses for their build quality and imaging character.

One thought experiment would be to sell the M9 and some of the other excess gear to fund an M240 body. Upon revisiting the latest M at the camera shop a couple of weeks ago, I was pleasantly reminded of how much more to my liking it was compared to the M9 ... the responsiveness is key. So I'm wondering what others' who might have experimented with these Color-Skopars on the M240 thought of how well they perform together.

I doubt that I'll actually do it any time soon, if at all, but I like these lenses a lot on film. They do work reasonably well on the Sony A7 body albeit with some color shifting problems, so I usually don't shoot anything intended for color with them. I'm curious as to how the new sensor in the M240 handles them.

thanks in advance!

G

250swb

I can't speak for the 50mm, but I have the others and it is the 21mm that is most sensitive to what it is coded as, but on the M240 it is no worse than the M9 if you code it the same way. The star for me is the 28mm, but they are a superb set of lenses with no real problems on the M240.

Steve

Godfrey

I can't speak for the 50mm, but I have the others and it is the 21mm that is most sensitive to what it is coded as, but on the M240 it is no worse than the M9 if you code it the same way. The star for me is the 28mm, but they are a superb set of lenses with no real problems on the M240.

Steve
Good to hear that, thanks!
Haven't decided what to keep and what to sell yet, but getting closer. :)

G