The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New LEICA M-P: Discreet, Faster, Harder

JohnBrew

That they would do a P version of the M240 is not surprising. What is surprising is the resurrection of the frame lever.

Paul.N

That they would do a P version of the M240 is not surprising. What is surprising is the resurrection of the frame lever.
They threw it in for an extra $1k.

I'm glad I just picked up a silver MM; the future 240 based MM coming in at $10k is a bit to much in my mind.. Or it had better use a newer sensor like the 645Z or IQ250 w/o the bayer array.

-Paul

mmbma

It is so SEXY! Cant' justify to sell my M and get it though. Electric tape is good enough for me

also. I never found the M's buffer to be lacking. I don't think many Leica shooters are super fast shooters

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
There's clearly something wrong here. According to Leica's own website, it's the Leica MP, not the M-P, that is "The ultimate tool". It's cheaper too. And how can this newish camera work at all, when it doesn't even include a film advance lever :loco: :

You want buffer? The MP has one that will room 36 RAW frames.

:ROTFL:

rayyan

Someone around here must surely have been testing this under a NDA.Let's wait for some performance reviews.

Later I shall wait for the ' fun with the M-P ' thread to start.:)

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
But did you guys hear about the new Leica M-S camera?
If the price is out of your comfort range buy a Sony....

I always opt for the Sapphire back as I hate screen protectors...

This seems... the MP ... to be a real upgrade for those who want a robust camera
that is not one of the tony limited edition cameras.

Hard to see a reason to complain about this model...fairly modest specs...no Hermes Ralph Gibson King Bhumibol Adulydej limited edition excess...

JMHO

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Someone around here must surely have been testing this under a NDA.Let's wait for some performance reviews.

Later I shall wait for the ' fun with the M-P ' thread to start.:)
Testing the scratch proof screen or the skinny white girl's attraction to the new new thing?

Should we waste all this bandwidth discussing Leica's sales approach which seems to be modeled on the General Motors paradigm of the 70's.

Bob

How long does it take to clear the buffer :p
True, true.. heard it's sometimes less than a minute. But on the other hand you can change the "sensor" at will.

The biggest gripes are the modest high iso settings and awkward whitebalance settings. That's why some opt to use it as bw camera only. Making it a Leica MP-MM actually :salute:

//Juha

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Hard to see a reason to complain about this model...fairly modest specs...no Hermes Ralph Gibson King Bhumibol Adulydej limited edition excess...
Unfortunately Leica has become a brand offering such exclusive models and making business from them to a meanwhile high degree - too much for my feeling. While there is nothing bad with it, for the ones who are (consider to be) still serious photographers this is more of a disgusting approach. It should be kept in relation to serious high end photography business where Leica wants to land with their cameras IMHO.

Having said that - this new Leica MP looks very attractive to me, if it really offers some speed increase amongst other improvements.

Peter

doug

Unfortunately Leica has become a brand offering such exclusive models and making business from them to a meanwhile high degree - too much for my feeling. While there is nothing bad with it, for the ones who are (consider to be) still serious photographers this is more of a disgusting approach. It should be kept in relation to serious high end photography business where Leica wants to land with their cameras IMHO.

Having said that - this new Leica MP looks very attractive to me, if it really offers some speed increase amongst other improvements.

Peter
I'm not certain that's where Leica wants to position the brand in the market.