The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New LEICA M-P: Discreet, Faster, Harder

algrove

I would love to buy a Leica camera that is actually technically sound (including its electronics up to snuff) and let's me use my M and R lenses equally well.

Unfortunately, the M-P ain't it.
Stick with the a7 since it is technically sound except to me for the shutter. Maybe the next generation a7x will have fully electronic shutter. I will try that one.

algrove

Not I Ray
The same processor, the same sensor, the same firmware - no need to test.

Hopefully the extra memory is also faster memory, in which case Lou you might find it worthwhile.

I found the sapphire glass update of the M9p well worthwhile, but the normal M already has good glass (haven't scratched mine yet).

To be honest, I haven't seen one, and although it looks fine, I certainly won't be buying one (my two weatherbeaten Ms are quite enough).

All the best
We will see.

Double Negative

Not Available
I was talking about the EVF
IMHO It's not as good as the E-M1 - it's too saturated and has too much contrast - the E-M1 is much better at fine detail and subtle lighting variations. . . . . and as far as I know those cameras all use the same panel for their EVF (which I believe is made by Epson) . . . the Sony is too contrasty . . . the Leica T isn't contrasty enough . . . The Fuji is nice and quick, but it's both too contrasty and too saturated . . . the Olympus got it just about right . . and yes, I've used them all
Guess they just fixed that issue. ;)

algrove

So as way of an update, the M-P works much better for my use and purposes than my M240's. No battery removal after 3k images.