The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Another one of those ' which lens ' post..

seakayaker

Late to the party, but I love the 50/1.4 & 75/2.

If it was a 3 lens kit then the 24/3.8 added to the 2 above.

..... but that is today, tomorrow could be different since I have a 24, 28, 35, 50, 75, 90 & 135 in LTM & M mounts that can make me happy on any particular day.

Happy trails, and let us know how your decision works out!

rayyan

I am on my way back home. Later, I shall post what worked ( or didn't ) for me.
Sad ( cause I luv the 75 ), but I did not miss it. :eek:

Here is a sampler..

Best.

Late to the party, but I love the 50/1.4 & 75/2.

If it was a 3 lens kit then the 24/3.8 added to the 2 above.

..... but that is today, tomorrow could be different since I have a 24, 28, 35, 50, 75, 90 & 135 in LTM & M mounts that can make me happy on any particular day.

Happy trails, and let us know how your decision works out!

Godfrey

Great! I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip and seeing the photos.

Just returned home last evening myself. Looking at the photos now. ...
Carried the Sony A7 with 24/50/90 lenses—used the Summilux-R 50mm most. :)

G

rayyan

Godfrey, I used the lux 50 asph the most., and the macro elmar-m 90 a way down second. the cron 35 asph hardly saw any use.

For the 35mm equivalent I used the x100s by far, especially for low light.

Best.

asiafish

I've come to the point (with the rangefinder at least) where I will only leave the house with one lens, and that one lens is always 35mm or 50mm. Anything longer or wider and I prefer SLR viewing, but 35 and 50 on the RF really sparks my creativity.

Godfrey

Godfrey, I used the lux 50 asph the most., and the macro elmar-m 90 a way down second. the cron 35 asph hardly saw any use.

For the 35mm equivalent I used the x100s by far, especially for low light.
Similar here: 50mm most of the time for casual shooting. The 90 was most handy when shooting from the helicopter (took a 45 minute helicopter tour of West Maui and Molokai) and the 24 was most useful when shooting in the submarine (took a underwater reef tour by sub).

I tend to agree with the 35-50 for a rangefinder camera ... it's what I use most there too ... but lately I've enjoying the use of the 28mm as well.

G