The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica 28 mm f/1.4 Summilux Asph - Some Pics

ashwinrao1

Alright, I have been thrilled to have an opportunity to share a few images taken with this fantastic lens. As my cameras don't recognize the lens' 6-bit coding yet, these were shot using the 28 'cron profile, for the most part

M Monochrom

Double Negative

Not Available
Nice! Thanks for sharing, Ashwin. :)

Is it just me or is the bokeh a bit double-sided? Really nice in most shots, but a bit... Funky in some? Must be the ASPH treatment. Reminds me a bit of the 35 Lux.

D&A

Really nice Ashwin...thanks ever so much for posting. I agree with DN that in a few instances, thr bike does remind me of the current 35mm Lux FLE. I don't think it's strictly due to the aspherical as it's predisessor the aspherical non FLE renderer boxes differently.

In any case these examples for thr most part look really good. I'm on my cell phone and haven't looked, but we're most or all taken wide open? Also just out of curiosity, was their any color cast detected when used on the A7r? Even though with Cron coding, I suspect the fast speed of this lens might cause problems on the A7r. I'd be surprised if it didnt. Thanks again for a very interesting posting and comparison. Has Leica released a firm date for release as well as a price?

Dave (D&A)

retow

And why, is my question, for light gathering or for dof control? The former is of less importance theses days considering the light sensitivity of newer sensors (A7s) and the latter is limited with a moderately wide angle lens anyway. Or does Leica do it simply because they can?
Any words on size, weight and cost?

fotografz

Be interested in this lens on the A7 cameras using the Voit C-U adapter.

I use my Leica 21/1.4 this way, but 28mm may be better for a bit less C-U distortion when working that close.

- Marc

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
And why, is my question, for light gathering or for dof control? The former is of less importance theses days considering the light sensitivity of newer sensors (A7s) and the latter is limited with a moderately wide angle lens anyway. Or does Leica do it simply because they can?
Any words on size, weight and cost?
Look at the photos. Many of them show a nicely blurred background.

aDam007

should be solid stainless steel. (looking at mine) :D
I hate how the set comes with an MM and an MA. Just wish the set came with a M240 SS. I'd have bought it if that were the case.

Also hate how the M60 comes with a 35FLE. Wish it came with a S.E. 50APO!

One day they'll come out with the perfect S.E. set for me. And it'll be sold out before I even get a chance to put in a bid.

bradhusick

The photos are well done, but 28 is just too wide for a portrait lens. It gives everyone a big nose. They will soon make it available to buy on its own, probably for $6500. It's not at the top of my shopping list, but as usual it's a beautiful optical instrument.

mmbma

I love the 28mm focal. I find the summilux to large for my use. the 28mm summicron is really fantastic