The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A few glimpses of Seoul with my Leica..

rayyan

No Samsung, LG, Hyundai, Kia or Daewoo etc were the subjects of my trip this time.

While my wife was busy with her tours and hiking..I concentrated the short time I had on a few subjects and a very few places. The temples, the shrines and the smallest of things that interested me.

The most wired nation on earth..that is South Korea. Technologically very advanced. Infrastructure second to none. Superb, and I mean superb transport.

But most importantly, I found a very very courteous, helpful and friendly people.

So a few images from Seoul..

rayyan

Thanks for the ' likes ' guys.

I took with me the M7...never used.
The Fuji X100s, saw a lot of work...at night and when a 35mm seemed appropriate.
The ME and the lux 50mm saw 90% of use. The macro Elmar-m 90mm saw about 8% use. The cron 35 asph around 2%.

Next time..just the X100s and the lux 50.

To wrap up this thread, a few more from Seoul.

Thanks for stopping by.

rayyan

Some closing thoughts. Personal feelings about the photographic tools I have used.
For some years, my wife and I have been traveling around the globe.
During those times, I have carried various brand equipment. Canon, Nikon, Leica
And Fuji. I have even tried out various compacts. Sony, Lumix, Canon and a rebadged Leica.

Nothing, and I mean no brand has endeared itself to me more than the Leica M system. It has satisfied me in, during, and after an image had been captured.

My failing eyesight, not withstanding, my Ms have been the most satisfying and pleasing companions. I have cursed at my Ms, their outdated technologies, their failings. But I always pick the M.

It is the photog and not the equipment..yes I know. But my skills are limited; and I have to work within my limitations...but I do demand that I feel a pleasure
Even though the results might be subpar.

I can honestly say, that my M is way out I front in this respect. I cannot put it into words, but I can feel a satisfaction when I pick up the M.

Going thru the images with my X100s, they are good ( to me ), but they lack something.

I asked a friend, on this forum, for some recommendations on af cams. The choice is huge.

But I doubt if any shall satisfy me, add to my pleasure of making an image as the M continues to do.

Just had to get this out.

shtarka1

Some closing thoughts. Personal feelings about the photographic tools I have used.
For some years, my wife and I have been traveling around the globe.
During those times, I have carried various brand equipment. Canon, Nikon, Leica
And Fuji. I have even tried out various compacts. Sony, Lumix, Canon and a rebadged Leica.

Nothing, and I mean no brand has endeared itself to me more than the Leica M system. It has satisfied me in, during, and after an image had been captured.

My failing eyesight, not withstanding, my Ms have been the most satisfying and pleasing companions. I have cursed at my Ms, their outdated technologies, their failings. But I always pick the M.

It is the photog and not the equipment..yes I know. But my skills are limited; and I have to work within my limitations...but I do demand that I feel a pleasure
Even though the results might be subpar.

I can honestly say, that my M is way out I front in this respect. I cannot put it into words, but I can feel a satisfaction when I pick up the M.

Going thru the images with my X100s, they are good ( to me ), but they lack something.

I asked a friend, on this forum, for some recommendations on af cams. The choice is huge.

But I doubt if any shall satisfy me, add to my pleasure of making an image as the M continues to do.

Just had to get this out.
Wonderful images my friend!

rayyan

Soory about that Leigh. I. inadvertently ' protected ' the images on my hosting site.
I have corrected it now.

Thank you for stopping by. And thanks to all others that left their ' likes '.:salute:

What's this "Content Protected by Owner"?

- Leigh