The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Trip to Iceland

carlosecpf

Hi Stuart,

Thank you so much for sharing such valuable information and first hand experience. I am still struggling to decide what camera to bring with me to Iceland! That's the problem of having to many cameras that you like (MM, M8.2, Sigma DP2 Merrill, LX100 and Ricoh GXR + M module). Perhaps I should start selling some gear to make easier choosing cameras in the future!

Stuart Richardson

Of course, I hope it helped. If you can't decide on a camera, I just upgraded to a Leica S, so I am selling my S2. Haha, you are welcome to buy that if you want. It's the perfect camera for Iceland...and pretty much everything else.

cjl

I would like to reinforce the comment made above that you need to take Iceland's weather fully into account in preparing for a trip there. It is a fabulous place for photography, but to fully enjoy it you will need to be confident that your equipment can function in wind-driven rain. Non-weather resistant digital Leicas, as much as I appreciate their many qualities, would not be my first, and certainly not my only, choices to take to this location. By all means bring one for days when you can enjoy shooting with one, but having shot there over a two week period with only only clear day, I would strongly advise having a second, solidly weather resistant body for the likely many more days when you are shooting in rain much of the day. Chris

carlosecpf

Hi Guys,

I want to thanks everyone on this thread. I had an amazing time in Iceland! What a fantastic country it is.
In the end, I brought with me only the Monochrom with a 35mm Lux asph and a Rokkor 90mm f/4. This setup was enough and amazingly light.

Here are some photos I took while there. The whole set is on my website: http://carlospessoa.com/iceland_in_bw