The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M240 High ISO/Long Exposure ?

chadlanc

In the manual it says that some long exposures at high ISO are limited in duration but does not specify. What are the longest exposures at ISO 3200 and 6400. It also says at high iso long exposures it does a black shade exposure automatically after your long exposure. Can that be turned off?

Last edited:

scatesmd

Workshop Member
My M240 gives me 7 secs max at ISO 3200 or 6400. I have not been able to turn off the dark frame.

Thanks, Steve

scatesmd

Workshop Member
I was trying to take photos of the Milky Way in the Nevada desert using a cable release and it turned off the exposure at 7 sec, then a dark frame. I couldn't convince it to expose any longer on aperture priority either. Agree with you, wish it would give us more time.

Steve

chadlanc

Ya I was hoping for it to do iso3200 at 30s. My Red Epic Dragon has a black shade method, can save multiple black shades for different settings and then has a status indicator if your out of calibration on exposure or temperature.

rga

I believe the way it works is that the 60second exposure is for native ISO of 200. If you go to ISO 400, the max exposure goes to 30seconds. Iso 800 is 15 seconds, ISO 1600 and higher are 7 seconds. I think all higher ISOs are a 7 second max...

Pretty sure that's right,
Bob