The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

HANDGRIP FOR M240 - INFO PLEASE

craigrudlin

I feel less confident with respect to my grip on the M240 than say for
my Leica S. The rectangular shape of the M240 lacks a natural
indentation or grip that is found on the S (or most DSLRs). Obviously,
I am not alone in this feeling, since Leica offers a handgrip (+/- additional
electronics, which I do not need), and I note that many artisan "half cases"
state that they include "a grip" (although I cannot discern the depth or
dimensions of these from the images on the web).

I would appreciate hearing from M240 users as to whether they have the
Leica grip (and if so, their impressions or review of the grip) or whether
they use a half case with a grip and if so, which one and how well does the
grip actually work.

THANKS!!
craig

Hi Craig,

I appreciate your question and feel the same way about handling the M240 in certain situations. I purchased an RRS hand grip with bottom plate and have been very pleased. The grip makes the camera very "holdable" with one hand and has the baseplate for using the RRS tripod head.

Highly recommended..

George Pappas

algrove

I first got the RRS grip, but now find either Leica grips more to my liking mainly due to the cut of the grip versus the RRS grip which is too rounded for too long. Hard to explain here. I then use the RRS MC-L L bracket under the Leica grip which has the benefit of being able to place the RF VF up top versus down low where one has to smash their nose again the LCD to use it. There is also another thread running on this subject.

agoglanian

I just happened to have ordered the Leica handgrip (not the multifunction one) today for my M240 as I suspect it will improve the handling for me as well.

algrove

I just happened to have ordered the Leica handgrip (not the multifunction one) today for my M240 as I suspect it will improve the handling for me as well.
The feel of the grip you ordered has the same feel as the MF grip (too pricey). Keep in mind if you ever need an L bracket for the Leica grip, the RRS MC-L bracket is highly flexible with its 4 positions for the main screw for use on the Leica grip where it allows one to put the RF window up top.