The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

RRS L BRACKET FOR THE M240

John_McMaster

Works fine, unlike the M9 version it can fit vertically without removing the strap. Also, it screws into camera so will be disturbed if you need access to battery or SD card....

john

KeithL

Simply brilliant!

I bought the complete set comprising Baseplate/L Section/Grip.

I often suspend my M240 complete with telephoto by my side for hours on end using just two fingers on the grip and a wrist strap for extra security. Hardly know it's there.

Takes all of five seconds to remove the entire assembly for access to the battery and card.

Great buy!

craigrudlin

Is the grip slippery or very cold in winter weather?

It appears not to be "coated" or covered with "leather" like
the Leica grip.

thanks

KeithL

The RRS grip is not the same shiny smooth finish as the baseplate and L section but has a stippled finish, but yes, it is metal and I suppose as such is cold to the touch and could be slippery when wet. I've never had problem with the grip but I do always use wrist straps as a precaution even when using a Thumbs Up on my M9.

algrove

Just keep in mind of you ever get the MF Leica grip for GPS capability, the RRS L bracket/grip will become unusable. However the RRS L bracket MC-L works fine under the MF grip AND one can shoot with the RF VF on top instead of smashing your nose onto the LCD to use it like with most other L brackets, the RRS L bracket/grip included. This is because the MC-L has 4 positions to place the screw in which allows getting that RF VF up top.