The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I joined the club...!

C

Cancelledreality

Finally I joined the "28mm Summicron" Club! :D

I found a used one on ffordes.com for 1265,- pounds which is around 1700,- dollars. Most go for 2000 and up.

First shot with it today, a colleague of mine.
Not the most artistic shot :p

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Congratulations! Excellent choice. It was my first leica lens and it convinced me almost immediately that the price was worth it. You managed a very good deal! Best of luck and happy 28-cron-ing.

K

kipkeston

Very nice. I keep telling myself that my elmarit-asph is enough but forums make that difficult to believe. Have fun with it!

C

Cancelledreality

Ken Rockwell isn't the most reputable reviewer on the net, IMHO.

I haven't seen it yet what he says.
I have had the 28mm elmarit asph too, and found it too harsh, the bokeh wasn't good either. But it was sharp and small.

You could check Reid Reviews, he did a comparison on all 28's for Leica.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
The best 28mm on the market is the cron ,bar none. Seriously it is just that simple. The 28 cron was and is my favorite Leica M lens