The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M8 on the Moab Workshop

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Certainly one of the most used camera's on the workshop and i only got to play a little with it. Since I let others use all the gear that Leica sent to me for the workshop. Leica sent the M8.2 in chrome along with about 6 lenses. I really like the new M8.2 with all the improvements to it and certainly is a fun camera that produces some great images as you will see what others have shot with it. Anyway some images i took and also want to give out a big thank you to Leica for once again supporting our workshops. Even though I am on a break from shooting the M8, Leica still supports all the efforts on our workshops and are dear friends to Jack and I. Kudo's

Guy Mancuso

Couple more before I gave up the camera to Doug to play with. I see his images on my card and he shot some nice ones but i will let him post them. BTW that is a great shot of Jack

jonoslack

Great stuff
Incidentally:
1. what colour was Jack's hat and jacket (I don't see Jack as a purple hat kindof a guy :ROTFL:)
2. were you using filters?

stephengilbert

I think the pix of Doug and Jack point to another step in achieving the "stealth camera:" combine your plack camera with black gloves. It's especially effective when--as in Jack's case--the camera is smaller than a glove.

robsteve

Subscriber
Great stuff
Incidentally:
1. what colour was Jack's hat and jacket (I don't see Jack as a purple hat kindof a guy :ROTFL:)
2. were you using filters?
Jack just likes being in style :). I would say the black shoulders and arms are black like they should be and this would be where the IR problem would rear its head.

We need some pictures of Guy in his IR magenta sweater that he wore a lot when the M8 was first introduced and we took it to Yosemite. It was just the right colour, even with a UV-IR filter on the lens, to look like a fabric gone magenta because of IR problems, when in reality, that is the colour it was.

Robert

jonoslack

Jack just likes being in style :). I would say the black shoulders and arms are black like they should be and this would be where the IR problem would rear its head.

We need some pictures of Guy in his IR magenta sweater that he wore a lot when the M8 was first introduced and we took it to Yosemite. It was just the right colour, even with a UV-IR filter on the lens, to look like a fabric gone magenta because of IR problems, when in reality, that is the colour it was.

Robert
Hi Robert
you could be right, but I'm applying Occam's razor to this one. It seems that there are two possibilities . . . . Jack is wearing a coat which is a mixture of black, and that funny blue that the m8 get's wrong, together with a purple hat . . . . or else the IR problem is rearing it's head.

discuss.

Guy Mancuso

I had the IR filter on. Some materials are much harder to correct but I did not exactly color balance these either. On laptop after a very long day of packing, driving and shooting and no sleep. Just wanted them up before I left Monument Valley

jonoslack

I had the IR filter on. Some materials are much harder to correct but I did not exactly color balance these either. On laptop after a very long day of packing, driving and shooting and no sleep. Just wanted them up before I left Monument Valley
I'm not surprised - there is a certain sort of material which even the IR filter isn't enough - can you remember if the hat was black?

Whatever - it isn't very important, it doesn't seem to impact on natural subjects.

Guy Mancuso

I think it was just a polyester blend that is hard to correct. Have to check to see if that is in any MF shots also