The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

!

silver92b

Went to the UPS facility to pick up my copy of the Summilux 50 f1.4 ASPH. I was a little worried about my purchase (from ebay). Could not wait to open the package and see it! I got the silver version, it's surprisingly heavy! Anyway, right away I mounted it on my camera and fired a few shots. I am impressed! it's remarkably easy to focus and it is very sharp, even wide open.

I went by the local camera store and picked up a 3 stop ND filter to try. It works and allows me to shoot a f1.4 even in bright sunlight. I can't wait to capture more images through it. Of course, the guy at the shop was extremely impressed with the sharpness. He asked me if I would let him take a shot and he was pretty much blown away. Now I need to go and shoot with it :D