The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Bag, New Office, New Church (and WATE)

cam

He might be sucking his teeth and hums Cam, but he sure made some beautiful photographs.
this is so true!
(i just had to rattle him because nobody else did)

Jono, Im glad you're using this lens again -- it's simply stunning in your hands. looking forward to seeing more as well. church interiors could be awesome!

jonoslack

Hi Cam
i'm still trying to get over the fact that the man of my dreams sucks his teeth and hums....
Don't let it worry you - I can assure you that it can't last . . . having one's 25 year old (oops, 26 yesterday) son telling you about it is the best possible cure.

this is so true!
(i just had to rattle him because nobody else did)
I'm suitably rattled (and very sorry to disappoint you - I guess the meet up in Bruges is now off :cry:
Jono, Im glad you're using this lens again -- it's simply stunning in your hands. looking forward to seeing more as well. church interiors could be awesome!
Thank you - It's funny how much difference it makes having a bag which fits a camera with the viewfinder attached.
As for church interiors, I fear the thunderbolt - I'm not sure that any church would let me in without retribution (added to which I can't be bothered with tripods!).

jonoslack

Hi There
He might be sucking his teeth and hums Cam, but he sure made some beautiful photographs. Like I said at dpreview, I really love the second and last photograph Jono!

And congrats on your office. That must have been an exiting event.
Thank you! The office is a mixed blessing, but at least it's a nice office in a nice place . . the pub we went to for lunch yesterday was absolutely splendid:
Devilled Kidneys and a pint of Adnams IPA with a big log fire, what could be nicer!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Devilled Kidneys. Not even going to ask but they must be mine since i gave up both of them for gear.

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Something interesting I noticed on my last trip:

I used the WATE for about 5% of all my pictures taken and when I was choosing my favorites to print, about 50% of those were taken with the WATE.

So, it is a lens that I don't use as often as the 35 cron or 90 elmarit, but when I do use it, I absolutely love the results.

David

jonoslack

Something interesting I noticed on my last trip:

I used the WATE for about 5% of all my pictures taken and when I was choosing my favorites to print, about 50% of those were taken with the WATE.

So, it is a lens that I don't use as often as the 35 cron or 90 elmarit, but when I do use it, I absolutely love the results.

David
HI David
For me, it was simply a bother, so I didn't use it much. I just got a b-laika bag from Fogg, which, apart from being very small and completely delicious, also has room for an M8 with WATE AND frankenfinder, plus another body with a 35 or 50 'cron, and another lens (75 'cron in my case).

Suddenly using the WATE has become a pleasure rather than a hassle . . . HOORAY!

T

terryc

Lotsa change Jono. As always great pictures, good luck with the new digs.

Best regards. Terry.

Bill Gordon

Hi There

Thank you! The office is a mixed blessing, but at least it's a nice office in a nice place . . the pub we went to for lunch yesterday was absolutely splendid:
Devilled Kidneys and a pint of Adnams IPA with a big log fire, what could be nicer!
I really don't think that was very nice of you Jono to discuss British food and Britsh Ale in front of me where I am not able to enjoy in that particular pub!!!

S

sclamb

Nice pictures Jono. Have you considered some interior shots of the churches that you have photographed? They looks so nice from the outside I am sure there will be some nice possibilities inside.

Simon