The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LEICA M-P ‘CORRESPONDENT’

bradhusick

I am offering a service to any Leica owners: I will hand-rub the paint off in key areas. I am charging $10,000 per camera and $5,000 per lens.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
All I can say is - the world is really going crazy :confused:

Anyway I must admit this camera and lenses look gorgeous :D

Godfrey

All I can say is - the world is really going crazy :confused:

Anyway I must admit this camera and lenses look gorgeous :D
I'm not sure I understand why Leica making a couple of special-cosmetics limited edition run cameras means "the world is going crazy."

It looks nice to me too. I don't really know who Lenny Kravitz is, but if it were a standard cosmetic treatment option, I might go for it.

G

stephengilbert

Does it come with ripped jeans?

Someday, in the far, far distant future, Leica will do something so stupid and insulting that even the fanboys will sneer.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I'm not sure I understand why Leica making a couple of special-cosmetics limited edition run cameras means "the world is going crazy."

It looks nice to me too. I don't really know who Lenny Kravitz is, but if it were a standard cosmetic treatment option, I might go for it.

G
For me, who always tried so far to keep my cameras looking without any damages, this just feels crazy. Personal thing this is.

But I agree that if this was a standard cosmetic option I also might go for it.

Peter

Godfrey

Does it come with ripped jeans?

Someday, in the far, far distant future, Leica will do something so stupid and insulting that even the fanboys will sneer.
Maybe someday, in the not so far distant future, people will understand that calling other people "fanboys" is an insult, and that doing so displays their own bigotry and prejudice more than anything about the people they're insulting.

G

Godfrey

For me, who always tried so far to keep my cameras looking without any damages, this just feels crazy. Personal thing this is.

But I agree that if this was a standard cosmetic option I also might go for it.
I do the same ... Even my heavily used cameras only show small signs of use, and certainly nothing like the paint rubbing off and the edges brassing on this special edition. However, I do like how it looks, like a nicely 'antiqued' chest of drawers.
:)

G

aDam007

Ok, I don't personally like it. I thought it was going to look different when I read the rumour. Leica should have taken a page from Panerai's limited edition hand-book when it came to making something brass (see PAM382 "Bronzo").

Anyway, you guys can't be serious when you say you don't know who Lenny Kravitz is. I mean, he's not been active for a while (album wise), but he's pretty talented.. Well beyond platinum status in a time when musicians weren't manufactured and **** like platinum mattered.

Anyway, when my cameras start to look like that, I sell them off and buy new ones. I buy black cameras for a reason.

(Note to self... Become famous, shoot with Leica, have them build you a custom camera.)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I am offering a service to any Leica owners: I will hand-rub the paint off in key areas. I am charging $10,000 per camera and $5,000 per lens.
I have an even better offer:
I will personally use your Leica camera, preferably with a Summicron 50 APO, for a period of 10-15 years to give it a genuine "Correspondent" look. In the meantime, I'll let you use my Olympus OM-3 that already has this look. All this for a super low price of zero dollars :D

Jokes aside; this was bound to happen. In the "old" days, real cameras looked used. Nowadays, people change cameras too often for that to happen, and the result is that Leica can make a few bucks rubbing some paint off one of theirs. It's sad and a waste of resources, but the camera industry is not the only one.

Godfrey

Anyway, you guys can't be serious when you say you don't know who Lenny Kravitz is.
Absolutely serious. I'd never heard of him before.
I've never been accused of having my thumb on the pulse of popular culture...

I know who Felix Cavaliere is, however. But only because he happens to be my cousin. :)

G

mmbma

Ok, I don't personally like it. I thought it was going to look different when I read the rumour. Leica should have taken a page from Panerai's limited edition hand-book when it came to making something brass (see PAM382 "Bronzo").

Anyway, you guys can't be serious when you say you don't know who Lenny Kravitz is. I mean, he's not been active for a while (album wise), but he's pretty talented.. Well beyond platinum status in a time when musicians weren't manufactured and **** like platinum mattered.

Anyway, when my cameras start to look like that, I sell them off and buy new ones. I buy black cameras for a reason.

(Note to self... Become famous, shoot with Leica, have them build you a custom camera.)
that watch is hedious! sorry if you bought one. but... it looks so bling bling :)