The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Before my eyes give up...

rayyan

Dan, Godfrey..:salute:

Guangxi province in the PRC is considered to be one of the most scenic areas of the country. And it is, without a doubt.

Here I opted to stay about 25-30 kms outside the town of Yangshou ( with a street known as west street, but affectionately called ' western ' street. I shall leave it for you to figure out the reason :D )

I was in the rural heart of the PRC. At night, just some frogs croaking and fireflies.

In the morning, I would wake up to a lone farmer playing a flute. From my bed, I could see the world famous Karst mountains with mist, clouds and rain.

Zen. With a vengeance. Green, like I had never seen before.

It did rain a lot...I obviously loved it to bits..went wild..

rayyan

Dan, ceh..much appreciated gentlemen. Thank you.

The small, or rather the only, shop and meeting place in my village. Ilearnt to play mahjong here :) Not very well, I am afraid.

rayyan

During this trip, using the M took some effort on my part. The spontaneity of previous usage was gone. I struggled with focus. I missed shots, and I mis-focussed way more often than the past.

It is time for me to sadly part company with my Ms; except as a second camera
for trips...nothing to do with the superb Ms and the even better lenses that I have enjoyed over the years.

The M has remained young, whereas I have aged faster. Simple fact.

Before my eyes give up; the last shot in this series.

seakayaker

During this trip, using the M took some effort on my part. The spontaneity of previous usage was gone. I struggled with focus. I missed shots, and I mis-focussed way more often than the past.

It is time for me to sadly part company with my Ms; except as a second camera
for trips...nothing to do with the superb Ms and the even better lenses that I have enjoyed over the years.

The M has remained young, whereas I have aged faster. Simple fact.

Before my eyes give up; the last shot in this series.
Beautiful series and enjoyed the journey, thanks for sharing.

Certainly can understand that the "M" will need to be set aside as time goes by. Lucky for us that there are many AF solutions available!

Enjoyed you images over on the Fuji thread as well.