The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica S-006 and SDXC cards

John Black

I want to use the SDXC cards in the Type 006 (makes life easier when traveling), so went to the B&H site, looked at speeds, etc. and saw UHS I and UHS II. All the S-006 user manual references is "Class 10" - no mention of UHS I or UHS II. So, is the UHS I / II spec a problem for the S-006? I'd like to get a UHS II for some zippy download speeds :)

Last edited:

aDam007

I have 95/mbps extreme pro SD cards - SDHC I C10
I also have 120/mbps extreme pro CF cards - UDMA 7

I haven't tried the UHS II cards yet. I don't think faster cards will make much of a difference with the S-006. But I eagerly await your findings :D

John Black

I don't expect a difference on the camera side, the hope is quicker downloading from the card to the computer.

peterv

I find modern day card nomenclature very, very confusing. I guess it's called marketing :)

Anyway, how can we know if for instance the 007 will take UHS II?

These are the Leica published specs:

John Black

Yep... the last time I bought a new SDHC card was around 1.5 years ago, and the world has moved on with new acronyms :) My old CF UDMA 7 (160/MB) is faster than SDXC specs I'm seeing on the new cards, so I might stick with CF after all. It's the UHS II cards that boast some pretty tall numbers.

Giorgio

Hi John,

You might want to try writing to two cards (CF + SD) for redundancy.
Pretty sure the camera will allow it, I have yet to try it.