The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Issue with UV filter for black chrome Summilux M 50 ASPH

ypamine

Hello all,

I received my black chrome Summilux M 50 ASPH yesterday and it is indeed a beautiful lens and a pleasure to handle.

However, it appears that the hood won't fit over my Heliopan E43 UV filter. The inner diameter of the hood is smaller than the outer diameter of the filter.

As to my knowledge Leica doesn't offer an E43 UV filter that could perhaps have a small enough outer diameter, does someone have an idea how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance for your inputs

Younes

aDam007

Was about to buy this beauty, but decided I hated the hood. Since I already have the regular 50asph, buying the special edition would have only been for glamour purposes, and since the hood is ugly the glamour effect is gone.

Though I do love how solid it felt in the hand. Maybe just use it without the hood, I rarely pull out the hood on my standard 50lux-asph.