The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M9 for paid photoshoot?

jonoslack

HI There
Two things

Thing One
I've done a number of weddings with the M9 - often in gloomy UK conditions - it takes care but it's possible - I almost never use flash (for better or worse).
If I were you I'd go to the venue with a friend and take lots of pictures so that you can work out a successful way of getting what you want.

Thing Two
Marc knows - take his advice about using Flash and dragging the shutter. You couldn't possibly have better advice.

Good Luck :)

julianf73

So I just wanted to let you guys know that I did take the job. Used the M9/35 'cron combination for the whole thing, and was able to stay away from using flash. There was a lot more light than I was originally told, and I used ISO as high as 1600, but a little post-processing in Lightroom gave me great results. The client loved the photos!

Thanks for all your input, it's good to see that some people want to and know how to constructively help! :)

jonoslack

So I just wanted to let you guys know that I did take the job. Used the M9/35 'cron combination for the whole thing, and was able to stay away from using flash. There was a lot more light than I was originally told, and I used ISO as high as 1600, but a little post-processing in Lightroom gave me great results. The client loved the photos!

Thanks for all your input, it's good to see that some people want to and know how to constructively help! :)
Hooray
Congratulations