The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

6-Bit coding old lenses via screw mount.

aDam007

Hi,

Has anyone bought one of those metal adapter rings from eBay?
I know millitch (typo) adapters were popular for a while, but I was curious if anyone has bought one of these: Roxsen Detachable 6 Bit Code Leica M Mount Lens Adapter 28 90 90mm 6 Hole M8 M9 | eBay

Thinking of 6-bit coding an older Leica lens that I haven't used in years but have decided I wanna play with.

Note: I know there are specific ones 28-90 etc etc.. Just curious about quality of this product, vs others out there.

Best,
Adam

V

Vivek

I have/use the ones from Rong Jin (ebay: "jinfinances"). Well made and works as it should, even with a Jupiter-3 5cm f/1.5 lens (coded as a Summilux 50).

It is worth while doing this as there is a noticeable jump in contrast with the coded adapter.

250swb

I have a set for my 35mm Summicron, 50mm Summicron and 90mm Elmarit M and they work very well, no problems at all. Fitting them is easy but you do need to pay attention to centering the adapter on the lens, to do this you gradually tighten the screws opposite to opposite. If you find your lens has developed notchy focusing it is the centering that is off (this can also be the cause of notchy focusing on any Leica lens, so an easy fix). Use a matt black paint to code the lens, not a Sharpie.

Steve

Gbealnz

I have one coming from RJ (the e bay contact mentioned by Vivek).
He is an excellent seller, and produces a great selection of products.
Looking forward to fitting it and seeing if there is a difference in the results.
Gary

aDam007

Thanks for the tips, especially on the screw tightening. I think one or two of my lenses could do with an adjusting now that you mention it.