The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A day with the M-P, M246, and 50mm Apo

skimmel

So, I rented an M-P, Monochrom 246, and 50mm Apo Summicron this past week. (I used the monochrome for a play I was shooting but can't post those images here).

Went to Memorial Day parade with the M-P with the 50mm on it and the Monochrom with my 24 f/2.8.

Results are all at the link below. This is *not* a comparison of the cameras as they are shot with different lenses and I had different intents for the BW vs. color images.

I currently have an M9 and I must say that I really love the new M body and functions and I probably will trade my M9 for an M-P. I also an enamored by the Monochrom but just don't know if I can justify getting that. In terms of the 50mm Apo, it's spectacular. If I had 14K to spend (with the current US discount), I'm not sure if I would get the Monochrom or the 50mm. I have a 50 lux, but there's something about the summicron that makes me go "ooooh."

Anyway, hope you find the images useful. Feel free to ask questions you may have. I'm not a pro but I've been shooting for 40 years and have been using Leicas for the past 10 years.

The last 2 pics are from the M-P, in color then converted.

Stephen Kimmel | Memorial Day Gladwyne - 2015