The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica Q

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I was in Montreal for a week with an iPhone and a Q. I have way too much that hasn't been edited down to a presentable number. I'll try. First, a panorama of why we spent an extra day there. Our flight home was cancelled :(

I hate Sodium lamp color, which is why everything else is blue instead. Color temp set at 2000K :D

Going backwards in time, here's me landing at the airport Marriott trying to figure out what to do now...

And what we woke up to the morning of our "flight"...

The day before was beautiful, with a nice Magritte Empire of Light effect..

Enough for now.. Cafe and abstracts to come,

Best,

Matt

MGrayson

Montreal part 1 (as I'm going back in time, the last post was part 2):

Leaving Brunch:

An Excellent Americano (not an oxymoron, really! although I seldom order one) Q Macro mode is hard to avoid. It's such an unusual perspective:

A crane bracketed by traffic lights. My poor daughter's job is to keep Dad from getting hit by traffic when He decides the only place to stand is the middle of the road.

Lamp. Birds. Trees.

Sign. Birds. Crane.

And that's enough. Now I'm back home and shooting MF film and digital, so the Q will get some rest.

Best,

Matt

teeraash

I went to an open market near my house to get acquainted with the Q. Lovely camera but to be honest, I still miss my X, the RX1R ii.

[/url]L1000876.jpg by Teera Ashakul, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]L1000819.jpg by Teera Ashakul, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]L1000810.jpg by Teera Ashakul, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]L1000802.jpg by Teera Ashakul, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]L1000791.jpg by Teera Ashakul, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]L1000667.jpg by Teera Ashakul, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]L1000664.jpg by Teera Ashakul, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]L1000663.jpg by Teera Ashakul, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]L1000660.jpg by Teera Ashakul, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]L1000653.jpg by Teera Ashakul, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:

MGrayson

This was taken with a Q. Think about that. Is there a less likely wildlife camera? 8x10 Wet Plate, maybe?

More prosaically,

And the wonderful Q Macro mode

Matt

jdphoto

Steve,
I've always liked the 24-35mm FL for environmental portraits and this pic shows how nicely the 28mm Lux can do this. Can you share any tips or issues with the Q, as I'm considering this camera, but read about some sensor dust and a few hiccups at launch. Has the newest FW addressed most issues and what's your general take on the Q on the streets of NYC? I used to live on 13th and 7th ave. and know crazy wind and weather can barrel through those concrete canyons. Any weather related issues when out and about? You can PM me if more convenient. Thanks- JL

sjg284

Steve,
I've always liked the 24-35mm FL for environmental portraits and this pic shows how nicely the 28mm Lux can do this. Can you share any tips or issues with the Q, as I'm considering this camera, but read about some sensor dust and a few hiccups at launch. Has the newest FW addressed most issues and what's your general take on the Q on the streets of NYC? I used to live on 13th and 7th ave. and know crazy wind and weather can barrel through those concrete canyons. Any weather related issues when out and about? You can PM me if more convenient. Thanks- JL
Hello, sorry just saw this now.
For me the Q is just about the perfect camera to be honest. The weight/balance and speed are great. If they made one in 40-50mm range, I'd buy a second and have a great 2 camera digital kit.
The fast lens, great sensor and lens OSS means I don't really worry about blurring. In EVF level gauge keeps my horizons horizontal. Battery life is good enough for a mirrorless/EVF type camera. AF is very, very fast.
Personally not had issues with dust.
I've abused mine in rain and snow and not had issue.
Craig Mod covers this well - https://craigmod.com/sputnik/leica_q/