The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Q - Unboxing

jonoslack

So far no one that has the camera has addressed the issue that another user raised about the camera not waking from sleep at a ½ press of the shutter button ready to shoot but instead bringing up the menu system. Is he wrong or right? This is the only issue of concern that I have read.
I suspect its true if you had the menu up when it goes to sleep (I don't have the camera in front of me now). But it's certainly not an issue I came across

algrove

Just turned mine on to check about that issue someone had barjohn. Have to wait for it to go to sleep now.

No mine does not work as you describe, it is INSTANT ON right back to the "let's take a picture " LCD screen. Perhaps Jono is correct about being on the menu screen and it pops up the menu if that's where it was os it went to sleep.

OK, so I had mine on "Menu" when it went to sleep and it came back on to the menu on wake up, so that person did not really understand how to use it, not that I am an expert or anything.

Stop reading crap and go to your nearest dealer to try it out for yourself.

barjohn

It was in a LUF thread and after he removed the battery and did a reset it quit doing it so it must have been a digital gremlin. :)

aDam007

So far no one that has the camera has addressed the issue that another user raised about the camera not waking from sleep at a ½ press of the shutter button ready to shoot but instead bringing up the menu system. Is he wrong or right? This is the only issue of concern that I have read.
I tried to make this happen.. Couldn't do it. I have no idea what the other user is talking about.